Monday, May 23, 2011

Cave In - White Silence


If you know me or follow this blog much, you know I loves me some Cave In. They are all over the place musically, and each record is unique. This is newest release, hitting stores TODAY actually. Much the opposite of Antenna, this record focuses much more on Cave In's heavy influences, with few clean vocals for the first 6 (of 9) songs of the record, winding down into beautiful Syd Barrett worship. It is easily their heaviest record since Beyond Hypothermia and Until Your Heart Stops. Stephen Brodsky's psychedelic croon does, however, emerge occasionally, and there are always lots of fun effects on all the vocals and instruments, creating a much more cerebral atmosphere around their already heavy and spacey riffs. My favorite track is Summit Fever, so if you download this, definitely check that song out, but when listened to in it's entirety, this record has a flow suggesting something much bigger and more meaningful than the individual songs. A true "grower not a show-er" if I've ever heard one. I was a little off-put on the first listen, but I still find myself starting the record over, every time. Highly recommended if you wanna hear how Cave In does 'heavy'.
This link will also be posted in the Cave In mega post from recently.



Dig it.
Cave In - White Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment