Friday, July 30, 2010

Gospel and ASG/Black Tusk Split

So just to get a post on this here sumbitch, I'm gonna give you guys 2 of my favorite records lately. I always feel lame trying to describe music, so descriptions will usually lack unless I'm feeling particularly verbose on a given day. Today ain't that day. Get 'em and love em.







Gospel, from Brooklyn I believe, is a band that sort of defies any attempt at explanation. But here is a list of words that could be used in such an attempt: surrealist drug-dazed mathy hardcore prog rock jamology. Fans of Pg. 99, Envy, and City of Caterpillar take heed!

GET IT











Here we have two great bands, Black Tusk (Savannah, GA) and ASG (Wilmington, NC).  Black Tusk has a great sound, quite similar to Kylesa, who also happens to be from Savannah. Their tracks are great on this split, but the ASG tracks far outweigh them in my opinion, so they are who I'll rant about. ASG plays their own unique brand of stoner rock, and all 4 of their tracks on the split show a slightly different side of the band. If I had to make comparisons, I'd say they are similar to Queens of The Stone Age, The Sword, and CKY... but whatever. Just get this and jam the ASG tracks as loud as you can get 'em!

GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment