Saturday, August 7, 2010

Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible



In my continuing efforts to get a little of everything on this blog, I knew I was due for some electro-jam. A guy on a message board I frequent brought up Shpongle, and I immediately knew I had to put some Shpongle on this site. The duo consists of Simon Posford, who handles most of the production, and Raja Ram, who lends flute and other arrangements to Posford's psychedelic brand of trance. I've never been good at classifying electronic music, but the best way I could describe this is as very trippy psychedelic trance with a lot of Indian and Asian influence. Top it off with samples from Terence Mckenna and other such drug-induced shamanic talk, and you can't go wrong. This is a great chillout record and anyone into psychedelic culture will appreciate it. Give it a shot.

GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment